There are diverse types of headaches. Some of them affect only one side of the head leading to either right temple or left temple headache. Medical experts suggest that though a lot of times, the headaches are minor but some types of headache are associated with serious medical problems. Therefore, if you are experiencing an unusual throbbing headache in left temple worsening with time, you need to consult your doctor immediately.
CAUSES OF HEADACHE IN LEFT TEMPLE:
There are varied probable causes behind the headache in left temple and some of the most prominent ones are as follows:
- Migraine: If you are experiencing headache in a specific part of the head such as left temple, it is a common sign of migraine. Migraine pains are often accompanied by nausea, light and noise sensitivity, drowsiness and a compelling need to lie down.
- Tension Headache: Under this condition, the headache in left temple feels like striking sensations, squeezing and intense pressure. This is a more chronic condition and occurs in episodes.
- Cluster Headache: Under this condition, the eye, nose and the head on one side is affected and the pain occurs in clusters of episode over weeks which once ended will not occur for weeks.
- Nummular Headache: Under this condition, pain usually occurs on one side of the head in a coin shaped space along with some hair loss in that region.
- Sinusitis: This happens when the space between the bones around the nose get infected. The mucus membrane leads to swelling around the nose and the eyes as well as pain in any one of the temples of head.
- Temporal Arteritis: Under this condition, the temporal artery can get infected which makes the artery tender and the pulse seem lost or faint. This is also accompanied by general unwell feeling, loss of appetite and tenderness in the scalp.
- Craniotomy: Under this surgical procedure, the skull is opened to take out the temporal bone and then it is screwed back again. Headache in left temple is a common occurrence after such surgeries.
TREATMENT OF HEADACHE IN LEFT TEMPLE:
To reduce both the occurrence and severity of the headache in left temple, you can try the following methods:
- To relieve the pain: You can massage your temple area gently to help relieve the pain or ask someone to massage your neck and back for more effective results as it provides relaxation. You can also try over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen to tackle the throbbing pain but make sure to visit your doctor in case of chronic pains.
- To reduce the attached risk: You need to maintain a healthy lifestyle which includes a daily healthy diet. This will keep your cardiovascular health in check. Also, keep yourself hydrated all throughout the day because dehydration is also one of the major causes of headaches. You can also include mild exercises and daily walks in your daily schedule along with at least 8 hours of good night sleep.