You don’t want to wake up with blisters on your lips, do you? Pimples are already unwanted, more so when on lips. Pimples on lip get noticed even before because that is not the standard place for blisters. Lips are also one of the most sensitive areas of our body so a pimple on lips can hurt. Rims are used while drinking or eating, so the pimples even get more irritated when we are eating something salty or spicy. Don’t press your lips too much if there is a pimple because it causes pain and irritation.
What Are The Causes Of Pimples On Lip?
Using any lip gloss, lipstick or lip balm which are not of standard quality can be one cause of pimples on lips. The cheap quality materials that are used in mouths use chemical ingredients of low quality. These chemicals are capable of penetrating under the skin of lips and surrounding the lips which result in bacterial infection and a pimple on the surface creating pimples on lip line causes.
- If there is an allergic reaction in the lips, even high-quality lip balms can cause pimples on lips.
- Don’t use any makeup on the face which has expired. The expired cosmetics bleed onto the sensitive skin of the lips which results in pimples.
- Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease whose primary symptoms is pimples on lips. These pimples on lip line causes are painful, large and look like the ulcer. People often mistake them cold sores.
- If your diet isn’t healthy and sick, you can have pimples on lips.
- Any hormonal changes in the body like puberty, stress, pregnancy, and menstruation results in pimples on lips.
- People having oily skin tend to have more pimples on lips compared to ones having dry or healthy skin.
- At times, the fluoride used in toothpaste can also cause pimples on your lips by reacting with the surface.
- Smoking results in pimples on lip line.
- At times, after eating oily, spicy foods, we forget to clean our mouths. The oils keep on building underneath the skin, and you can have pimples on lips.
- Lousy hygiene also causes pimples on lips. So, you will have to clean and exfoliate your blackheads as well.
How To Deal With Pimples On Lip Line?
You need to have skincare routine for lips as well. You need to clean, exfoliate and moisturize your lips. If you are using standard skin care products, you can use them to clean your lips as well while you were washing your face. For exfoliating, gently rub the toothbrush on the surface of the lips so that the dead skin cells are brushed away. Don’t forget to moisturize your lips because it makes the lips healthy, pinky and glowing! many of us having thought about how to get rid of pimple on lip line. For more details take a look below details.
- If the products you are using are medicated, contact your dermatologists before using them because they can be sensitive to your lips and somewhat affect it negatively and cause irritations.
- Don’t use any of the lip care products which are not of good quality and you feel might have produced pimples on your lips. Don’t use any makeup products after they get expired or more than 3 years.
- If you have pimples on lips, don’t use toothpaste that has fluoride. Switch to something milder.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate can cause pimples. Don’t use soaps or shampoos that contains so. Most of the cleansing beauty products use this, but it is not suitable for skin or hair. It is very harsh and sharp which can irritate your skin and pimples on lips even more.
- Whatever you eat reflects on your skin. You eat lot of oily foods and junks, it shows on your skin. Drinking lot of water does magic. It may sound as cliché but it is true. If you have any vitamin deficiency, take multivitamin tablets. Consume foods that have lots of magnesium and calcium. Add lots of vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, pulses, grains to your diet. Don’t smoke a lot and avoid caffeine which includes sodas, coffee and tea.
- Hot and Cold compress are beneficial for pimples. Cleanse your face thoroughly, and with a clean cloth, you can apply warm compress. After doing it for some time, the pimple reduces in size and texture, too. After doing so, tone and moisturize your skin. If the size of the blister is too large, then go for the cold compress. Before going to bed, compress your pimples with cold water or ice which numbs the lips and dries out the pimple.
Some Important Tips When There Is A Pimple On Lips
- Don’t keep touching the pimples
Your hand is full of bacteria which will generate once you feel the pimples. The pimples become worse when you keep rubbing it with your hand.
- Don’t keep on licking your lips because the more you touch, the more it dries out. This increases the size of a pimple.
- Salicylic acid is excellent for treating the pimple. If you have a face wash, toner or ointment has salicylic acid, use it. It not only addresses a pimple but prevents in further occurrence.
- Applying calamine lotion can also be beneficial.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your face. Instead, use warm water.
- Don’t ask a lot of makeup on the lips before a pimple is gone because irritates it.
After eating any greasy, spicy or salty foods, make sure that you clean your lips. If the oil settles down, it is going to worsen the pimples.