If you have jiggling and flabby arms that embarrass you or make you uncomfortable when you wear shirts without sleeves, then it’s probably time to shed off that extra fat. Here, we will tell you how to get rid of arm fat. This part of your arms is called the triceps. Triceps are large muscles that are located the back of the upper limb and helps you straightening your arms.
Why Do You Develop Flabby Arms?
You might develop flabby arms because of two reasons. You could develop flabby arms with age. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and becomes looser. This phenomenon is most evident in the upper that leads to the development of flabby arms is body fat. You can definitely make an attempt to reduce your body fat. This would also reduce your arm fat. All you need to do is follow a proper diet plan and couple it up with resistance exercises for flabby arms. This will help you lose weight in a short time.
Exercises That Will Help You Lose Fat From Your Arms:
We have listed down for you few of the best exercises for flabby arms. Most of these exercises can easily be done at home. Only, some of them require hand weights of 1-2kg or dumbbells.
- Triceps Dips:
All you need for this exercise is a stable chair. Your hands should be placed apart on the chair. Your bum should be in front of the chair. Try straightening your arms but keep in mind to keep the elbow slightly bent. Then try bending your elbows and lower your body towards the floor. You will feel the tension in the triceps. Get back to the starting position. Repeat this exercise for 10 to 15 times.
- Push -Ups:
This is the most common exercise practiced by a lot of people. You have to get on the floor with hands under your shoulders. Then, with the support of your hands, you have to lower your body and get back to the starting position. Keep doing this for 10-15 times.
- Triceps Kickbacks:
You need 1-2 kg weights for this exercise. Grab your weights and get on the floor. Your knees and toes should touch the floor. Your upper body should bend forward. Your arms should be extended backwards and then return to the starting position. You will feel the tension in your triceps. Repeat this for 8-10 times in sets of three for best results.
Other Ways To Get Rid of Flabby Arms:
You might want to know the other ways to get rid of arm fat. Or is it possible to just target the arm fat and get rid of it. The answer is no. It is not possible to just lose fat from your arms. This is because fat accumulation in a particular part of your body takes place because of general weight gain. So, if you wish to lose fat, you have to try and lose weight to reduce the layer of fat in your arms or you can do exercises for flabby arms.
You should also try and prevent the accumulation of too much fluid in your body. This has two benefits. One, it will help you lose weight. Second, it will also help improve your general overall health. We can help you in some ways that will help you lose weight and prevent fluid accumulation in your body as well.
It is important to make a few lifestyle changes if you wish to lose fat from your body in general and from your arms in particular.
Here are some amazing ways to do that:
- Cardio Exercising: Cardiovascular exercises are referred to as exercises that increase your heartbeat and warm up your body. Running, cycling and swimming are all considered as cardiovascular exercises. These are great ways to lose fat from your body. They also give a boost to your metabolism. This helps you to lose weight faster.
- Healthy Eating: The best and the easiest way to lose weight is to consume meals that are healthy. Avoid food products that are rich in saturated fats or refined sugar. These food items contribute to the accumulation of fat in your arms as well as in your lower body, belly region and in your thigh region. According to doctors, the sugar that does not get used up in your body gets stored as body fat. Also, if you reduce the amount of simple carbohydrate intake, your body burns more fat. This leads to the loss of weight. You can also try consuming pro-biotics to facilitate digestion or berries to improve your immunity. Green tea can also help you lose weight.
- Consumption of more fiber: Increase your fiber intake to feel full for longer durations. This will help you eat less and in turn help you lose weight.
- Consumption of more fluids: Consume a lot of fluids to reduce water retention in your body. This will help you lose weight in general and arm fat in particular. This will also prevent your body from getting dehydrated. Water helps with weight loss since it helps to increase your metabolism rate. Your body works more efficiently. If you drink a glass of water just before a meal, it makes you feel full and therefore you eat less.
- Avoid drinking alcohol: Alcohol is rich in calories and drinking too much of it might contribute the accumulation of fat in your arms. Your liver and kidney functions are also hampered due to consumption of alcohol. You are more likely to be overweight if you consume more than four drinks a day. So, it is best to avoid alcohol all together.